Are you an economics student, wishing to get better grades and improve your understanding of the subject?
Are you looking to learn the language of the European country with the highest rate of economic growth, that would give you a comparative advantage in your professional career?
Are you planning to come to Poland for holidays and would you like to spend a few hours learning useful Polish phrases, which will make it easier for you to make new friends and enrich your cultural experience?
Are you a fan of Polish literature and/or cinema and would you like to be able to read/watch them in the original language?
I would love to help you. I am an easy going, friendly and unassuming Polish speaker and a third year economics student at the University of Sydney. I passed my International Baccalaureate with 42/45 points, including a 7/7 in HL Polish literature course. I have experience teaching Polish, economics and maths to people of different background and age, which gave me a chance to develop my own teaching methods, which can be easily customized to your own needs and expectations. At the moment I offer five courses for persons who want to learn Polish, one for economics and one for maths:
1) General Polish - a course aiming to prepare you for internationally recognized Polish language tests.
2) Polish for Tourists - a comparatively easy course, which will teach you basic grammar, as well as vocabulary and phrases related to
-> ordering food and drinks,
-> having a casual chat with newly met Polish friends,
-> visiting historical monuments
3) Polish for Business Purposes - a course customized to your professional needs, which will improve your general level of Polish and teach you the vocabulary and phrases related to your field of business
If your level of Polish is below B1, I recommend taking the General Polish course first.
4) Polish for Academic Purposes - a course designed to prepare you for tertiary studies in Poland. It includes:
-> advanced grammar
-> advanced orthography
-> advanced interpunction rules
-> advanced stylistics
-> Polish essay structure
-> reading and analysis of Polish literature, or other books in Polish that are related to the academic fields which interests you.
If your level of Polish is below B2, I recommend taking the General Polish course first.
5) Polish literature and cinema - a course designed to provide you with a level of Polish language which will allow you to read/watch the masterpieces of Polish literature and cinema. It involves
-> reading Polish literature aloud with the tutor, who explains the difficult parts,
-> reading Polish literature at home in order to prepare for discussion, with the possibility to contact the tutor by Skype or phone to clarify difficult parts,
-> watching Polish films at home in order to prepare for discussion, with the possibility to contact the tutor by Skype or phone to clarify difficult parts,
-> translating excerpts of Polish literature into English,
-> writing essays about Polish films and novels,
-> grammar classes designed to improve your overall level of Polish,
-> classes about the history of Polish literature and cinema.
If your level of Polish is below B1, I recommend taking a General Polish course first.
If you are not sure about which course is the best for you, do not hesitate to give me a call and we can discuss it together.
6) Economics course, very flexible, as it is designed to complement your university courses, and allow you to receive the best grades.
7) Maths course, as flexible as the one above. :) Only until the high school level.
See you soon!