Ex 2012 Student from Cherrybrook Technology High School.
ATAR over 90.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Law and Arts from Macquarie University in 2017.
I have had over 6 years experience as a self employed tutor and have consistently received positive evaluations from both students and parents.
I have a Working with Children's check which is valid until 2019.
In the past, I have been employed at other tutoring agencies including 'Top of the Class professional tutoring' and 'Power Coaching College' and am currently working at 'North-Shore Coaching College' where I teach classes of students ranging from year 7 - 12.
As a law student and working as a graduate lawyer, I understand the importance of succinct and effective writing skills.
I have also had past work experience as an assistant to the Macquarie Dean of Law and edit publications for the Macquarie Journal of International and Comparative Environmental Law, where I've learnt the importance of grammar skills and appropriate expression.
On a personal level, I like to think of myself as reliable, patient and friendly :)
Looking to tutor:
High School Students Year 10 through to Year 12 (HSC)
Subjects I tutor:
- English (ESL, Standard, Advanced and Extension English)
- History (Modern, Ancient and History Extension)
- Exam tips and Essay writing skills
- Business Studies
- Society and Culture
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested or have any questions on 0414 265 652.
Self employed private tutor – 2012 to Current
• Tutoring for students in English (ESL, Standard, Advanced and English Extension), History (Modern, Ancient and Extension) and Business Studies
• Tutoring for primary school students in NAPLAN exam preparation and basic English and literacy skills
• Experience teaching exam techniques and essay writing tips
• Planning of personalized lessons based on individual homework or current assessments
• Consistently received positive evaluations from both students and parents
• Experience working with special needs children and ESL students
Tutor at Top of the Class Professional Tutoring – June 2014 to 2015
• Completed a comprehensive online training course for professional tutoring
• Applied the learning method of ‘Constructivist Teaching’ which builds on what students already know
• Communication and rapport building with teachers and parents by providing regular written feedback via website and letter
Tutor at Power Coaching College – Aug 2014 to 2015
• Ability to assess different students abilities and needs
• Tutoring based on encouraging students autonomy and self-directed learning
• Verbal feedback and debrief to parent after every lesson
Teacher at North-Shore Coaching College at Blacktown Girls High School – June 2014 to Current
• Tutoring for a group of students (year 7 – 12) in a classroom environment
• Roll marking and homework check before each class
• Personalized reports written up for each student commenting on progress, improvements and behavior in class
- Bachelor of Laws and Art from Macquarie University (Graduated 2017)
- Current NSW Working with Children's check
- ATAR over 90
- Band 5 and Band 6's in all subjects
- 2011 'Outstanding Achievement' for ATAR over 90
- 2011 'Distinguished Achievers Award for Ancient History'
- 2011 'Consistency and Diligence Award for Business Studies'